Friday, November 26, 2010

Countdown to Christmas Class tonight...

...on Ustream! Join us for class tonight after you have braved the crowds and hit the mall (NOT this girl! Ha! Ha!)



For this class, you will need:

3 of the configurations boxes from Tim Holtz. The first time I saw these boxes when he introduced them this summer, my mind immediately said "Advent Calender!". You will need one of the largest ones with 14 boxes (8.75" x 10.75") and two of the smallest ones with 5 boxes (5.5" x 5.5")

Patterned paper. For the sample shown, I used K and Company "Secret Santa". The one I am doing tonight will be with Making Memories "Noel". (It has a more traditional or vintage feel)

Coordinating card stock, if desired.

Acrylic paint to paint the boxes. I will have mine pre-painted as it takes some time to do.

Small eyelets and narrow ribbon

Numbers for boxes. These can be stickers, stamped, or cut with your electronic cutter.

Accessories and embellishments. look for "stuff" that fits in the little boxes...use your imagination! I also used some cute ornaments to add a theme to the outside.

Class will start at 7pm Pacific Time and will probably continue tomorrow at 10 am Pacific Time. CLICK HERE to go directly to my Ustream channel.

Laura

8 comments:

  1. OMG you've done it again. FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning - do you never stop and can I have a bottle of what your on - I could do with the energy - I am now so looking forward to getting home from the shop at 6pm on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Laura. Another of your great ideas. I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That will definitely be next years advent calender. This year i bought the LEGO Kingdoms calender... That will do for now. You have the best ideas, Laura! I can't join u tonight cuz it's 4 in the morning over here, but I will watch the recorded show and then join u for part 2... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah! I knew I wanted tow atch this weeks show in particular (not that I dont always want to watch it!!)

    Why do I have to go see the Wiggles Live in Concert today wtih my 3 year old?!!?

    Have a great show laura, can't wait to (at least) watch it on the recording.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched the last part of your show. For the first time live.
    Love from Denmark

    ReplyDelete