Friday, April 23, 2010

Ustream Tonight!

We are make some of my NEW favorite folded card stock pages for a mini book tonight! Each page holds two removable photo mattes and two tags and there is still room for a couple more photo's! I am lovin' these pages!



Here's what you will need:

-12 x 12 solid card stock or double side patterned paper. Both sides will show. These will be cut on the diagonal, so be careful about directional paper. Each paper will make 2 pages...I used 3 to make 6 pages for my book.

-Card stock for tags/photo mattes. The tags are 2 1/4" x 4 3/4" and the photo mattes are 4 3/4" x 6". There are two of each per page.

- Solid card stock strips for binding edge. One per page cut to 2" x 4 3/4". You can use an edge punch or decorative scissors to dress these up. This mini can be bound with rings or a binding system.

- Your favorite embellishments.....flowers, ribbon, etc.

Class will start at 7 pm Pacific Time. CLICK HERE to go directly to my Ustream channel.

See you tonight!

Laura

15 comments:

  1. love the U stream tonight - Thanks so much! I do hope the purse project will be available as a PDF tutorial, too. Thanks again for my Friday night fix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have joined you, but I am busy most Friday nights.
    I guess I will have to watch it in rerun LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m new to this...can I see what I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the multipocket envelope tutorial and think I can get a gift card to fit in the top pocket - yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watched the recorded show and got inspired to make the pages. Loved the sneek peek of the bird house family album. You MUST do a video on that. I can only imagine how your brain works between the archictect degree and quilting. Makes my brain hurt but happy that you are so talented and kind enough to share . Hope to catch some more shows .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched some of the show live, the rest today. I was wanting to see how you bound the book. Looks like you used the bind it all. Any suggestions for those of us that don't have one?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could be bound with rings...no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura do you have a completed one that I could see? What shape did you make your cover? Mine is finished, just waiting for inspiration for the cover!!

    Thanks for the wonderful idea. I'll post a link to pictures when I get it finished.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. For NSD I am gathering materials to take to a retirement center for them to use in their arts and crafts. I am so overloaded with stuff and I need to help others. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura, I finished the book, then gave it away without taking pictures! So today I visited my friend and snapped the pictures so that I could share it with you. As you can see I had some of the same papers as you used.

    http://pastedpictures.blogspot.com/2010/05/beatrizs-birthday-book.html

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. The U stream class is gone for april 23 I wanted to get the scoring line placement but can find the video can you see if you can re post the video Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. So disappointed that i missed the tutorial on this. Do you think you will be doing another mini with these pages? Would love to make this. Hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July.
    Hugs,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete